četrtek, 18. februar 2010

COULD

could / couldn't

COULD is the past form of CAN
COULDN'T is the past form of CAN'T

present or past?

Complete the sentences with can / can’t / could / couldn’t:
a. I’m afraid I can’t come to your party next week.
b. When Tim was 16, he was a fast runner. He _________________ run 100 metres in 11 seconds.
c. I was feeling sick yesterday. I _________________ eat anything.
d. Can you speak up a bit? I ____________________hear you very well.
e. ___________________ you please help me wash the car?
f. Jessica _____________________ speak French and also Italian.
g. She ______________ finish painting the room by tomorrow. She’s too busy.
h. We ________________ sleep. You are making too much noise.
i. In my country you ______________ get married when you are 16. It’s illegal.
j. Last night I ___________ get into my house because I had forgotten my key.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar